Since 1972, Haydon Bridge Company has been providing owners with professional, experienced and quality steel and concrete bridge construction and related highway concrete work. Haydon Bridge Company has contributed to the construction of many highway bridges in KY, WV, VA, TN, IN and OH. For three generations, we have provided bridge construction for state and federal government projects, commercial projects, government bid contracts and the local and state departments of transportation.
2022 Awarded Contracts
November 2022 – Nelson County:
- Bardstown: Awarded contract details coming soon …
April 2022 – Wolfe County:
- Awarded a Subcontract from Bizzack to constructed 6 Bridges, 7 RCBC Extensions and 1 RCBC on the Mountain Parkway
May 2022 – Clinton-Russell County:
- Awarded a Subcontract from Bizzack Construction to construct 4 Bridges on US 127, including one over the Cumberland River.
2021 Awarded Contracts
January 2021 – Kenton County:
- Awarded a Subcontract from Philmor Contracting to construct a RCBC Extension on
2020 Awarded Contracts
September 2020 – Pulaski County :
- Awarded a Subcontract from Bizzack to Construct 4 Bridges, 6 RCBC Extensions on KY 461.
2019 Awarded Contracts
- Awarded a Design Build project from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet in Boone Co as part of a Tri-Venture with John R. Jurgensen Co. and Eaton Asphalt Paving. The project included the reconstruction of Richwood and Mt Zion Roads and includes a Railroad Bridge for Norfolk Southern Railway, a bridge on US 25 over Richwood Road, numerous MSE walls and 2 noise barrier walls on I-75
- Awarded a subcontract from Hi-View, LLC for a section of the Mountain Parkway in Magoffin County. The project includes 4 bridges and 6 reinforced concrete box culverts.
- Awarded a Subcontract, from Eaton Asphalt, to construct a bridge over I-275 and several box culverts for their design build project of rebuilding Graves Road and a new I-275 Interchange in Boone County for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
- Awarded a subcontract, from Hi-View, to construct 4 bridges and 5 reinforced concrete box culverts on a section of the Mountain Parkway in Magoffin County for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
- Awarded a project in a Joint Venture with Bush & Burchett to construct 9 bridges in various counties (Letcher, Magoffin, Powell, Knott, Pike and Breathitt).
- Awarded a project with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet to construct a bridge on Ky 378 in Breathitt County.
2018 Awarded Contracts
- Awarded a $4.5 million project with Nucor Steel Gallatin to construct a new bridge on US 42 to eliminate an at-grade crossing with their scrap hauling trucks. Nucor unloads scrap from barges on the Ohio River and then haul across US 42 to their plant. They desired to separate that scrap traffic from the travelling public, so a bridge was constructed where one never existed and then a new haul road will be constructed under the new bridge. This project purpose is the elimination of the current “at grade” haul road crossing of US 42. Major subcontractors are Lawrence Construction & Leasing, Eaton Asphalt Paving Company and Bourne-Clark Construction.
- Awarded a project from the West Virginia Department of Transportation for $1,744,196.80. This is a design build contract for the removal and replacement of the “Tickville Bridge” on CR 41 over Eighteen Mile Creek in Mason County. The design engineer is Michael Baker International and the project is scheduled for completion in July 2020.
- Awarded a project from the West Virginia Department of Transportation for $2,179,845.36. This is a design build contract for the removal and replacement of the “Race Track Bridge” on WV RT 68 over The North Fork of Lee Creek in Wood County. The design engineer is Michael Baker International and the project is scheduled for completion in June 2020.
- Awarded a $10M subcontract from Bizzack Construction, Lexington, Ky for a project in Hazard for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet. The project is the reconstruction of KY Route 15 and includes a box culvert extension, a cast in place retaining wall, an MSE wall and bridge on Morton Blvd over Ky 15, and a bridge on Ky 15 over North Fork of Ky River.
2017 Awarded Contracts
- Awarded project in Joint Venture with Hi-View, LLC on the Mountain Parkway for $77,434,013.28
- Awarded project as subcontractor to Hi-View for concrete box culverts on US 127 in Russell County for the KYTC
- Awarded Griers Creek Road Bridge for Woodford County Fiscal Court