Click below to see job details and how to apply.
A Mechanic Apprentice/Lube Technician is an hourly team member that has the drive and desire to learn about the machinery in our business as he/she performs routine to moderate mechanic work at the direction of the Shop Manager or Senior Mechanic. This position may work independently or may assist Senior Mechanics on more involved tasks as needed. Travel to jobsites and overnight stays should be anticipated with overtime and weekend work a distinct possibility. The Mechanic Apprentice/Lube Technician reports to the Shop Manager and is expected to communicate any obstacles preventing him/her from completing the work and any other equipment deficiencies noticed.
- Should have basic mechanical knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, diesel and gas systems, etc.
- Should own set of basic tools
- Should have the ability to read and understand service manuals and measurement tooling
- Be willing to work overtime
- Be willing to be away from home 1-2 nights at a time
- Be willing to be on call on weekends when needed
- Project a positive and professional attitude when interacting with co-workers
- Must be willing to work in outside conditions year around
- Be willing to learn new equipment and maintain it
- Be willing to accept support and advice from senior mechanics
- Able to complete necessary paperwork, digital or manual
- Able to work in a team atmosphere
- Communicate with field operators and supervisors
- Create and maintain verbal and/or written communications and relationships with team members
- Perform house-keeping duties at shop and in field
- Participate in maintenance training programs weather with outside source or other senior mechanics to continuously improve knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain compliance with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Learn and follow all OSHA and HBC safety regulations and job instructions
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and inspections
- Will sometimes be a second hand to senior mechanics (must be able to follow instructions and act on them quickly)
- Perform basic diagnostics of mechanical and electrical issues.
- Other Duties as assigned
Education and Experience: This position is an entry-level job and applicants should have basic mechanical knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, diesel/gas systems and more. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred. Must be able to understand work directions, read schematics/equipment manuals and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
Physical Demands: The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Mechanic to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
- Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
- Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds
- Manual dexterity to hand-carry parts, tools.
- Work on elevated equipment and surfaces will be expected.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Mechanic encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Mechanics will often climb around or crawl under machinery while also grabbing, pulling, or tugging components.
- Machinery can sometimes be wet/slippery and the ground muddy.
- Work is sometimes performed in tight spaces and uncomfortable positions.
- Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
- Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel, various machine fluids, solvents, and ready mixed concrete.
- Will be required to wear hard hat, high vis vest, and safety glasses at all times.
Benefits: Haydon Bridge offers competitive compensation and benefits package including medical insurance, paid time off and retirement.
- Seeking experienced crawler crane operator with NCCCO certification willing to work the entire state of Kentucky and stay away from home during the work week. Union wages and fringes plus per diem.
- Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Haydon Bridge is looking for NCCCO Certified Crane Operators in Kentucky.
This video displays some of our talented NCCCO Crane Operators performing typical Bridge Construction tasks.
We offer competitive wages/benefits package, including Health Insurance, Retirement and Vacation Pay.
If you are interested in joining our team, please go to www.haydonbridgecompany.com and fill out an application.
Haydon Bridge participates in E-Verify
- Sección de Derechos de Inmigrantes y Empleados Póster
- IER_Right to Work Poster
Typically hiring the following jobsite trades:
If you wish to be placed in our database for employment consideration, please e-mail us your interest by filling out the employment application (Application for Employment-2019) and submitting it to:
Haydon Bridge Company, Inc.
PO Box 175
703 Old Lebanon Road
Springfield, KY 40069
Haydon Bridge Company, Inc is proud to be a Drug-Free Workplace. Haydon Bridge Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/ Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or other protected classification as defined by applicable law and regulation.